Visibility in a CT
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Visibility in a CT

Visibility in a CT

Just purchased a 2013 CT 200H. I am having difficulty with visibility with rear vision. Any tips? Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Only thing I can think of, is you can tip the rear headrests forward, to increase the blindspot view on the passenger side. There's a button at the base of the headrest. Push in, pull up, and tilt forward.

This is an obvious one, but if you don't have a rearview camera, get one. There are threads on here on now to install one or you can get a place like BestBuy to install it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I had same visibly issue. my ct just had basic OEM mirror. So I purchased a wide rearview mirror from eBay $5-$20. but you can search amazon, any auto store. it clips on easily & fits perfect between sun visor. (300mm convex). I able see my entire back windows, & rear side door windows, no blind spots. giving ability to maneuver without turning my head. also fold the headrest will help too.
    Last edited by LoLexCT200h; 02-11-2019 at 03:58 AM.

What's that mirror like for you at night or on early, dark winter mornings? Does it have a built in day/night feature or is glare just not a problem b/c it's so wide angle and the headlinghts behind have less apparent intensity?

Quote Originally Posted by leonar40 View Post
    This is an obvious one, but if you don't have a rearview camera, get one. There are threads on here on now to install one or you can get a place like BestBuy to install it.
    I did that on my Ford F-150 with it's huge rear end, but to me the issue with the Lexus is traffic coming for the sides and those relatively big rear pillars that obscure so much. Also, don't the rear camera kits require you to get into the headliner to do a nice install job?

ct is hatchback every car this type has same problem. oem is just regular mirror barely see anything almost impossible. the aftermarket is very cheap and effective, it clips on. it slightly bend/curve for a wide/panoramic view. before backup cameras this was the best thing out lol. to all drivers this simple & cheap item. it helps out so much just buy it try it out.
    Last edited by LoLexCT200h; 02-11-2019 at 04:57 AM.

ELUTO Wide Angle Rear View Mirror Universal Interior Curve Convex Rear View Mirror Clip on Original Mirror 12'' (305mm)
    by Dannilipo

Don’t wreck 🏾😆🏾

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)