General HID info - Page 5
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: General HID info

Quote Originally Posted by motionisgay View Post
    They sent me a replacement ballast, the bad one was discarded... There is still an issue.
    Either they sent you a bad ballast (always possible), it was really cold when you installed the ballast (since they seem to have issues in the cold), or the ballast isn't really the problem at all...I'm going with the third choice.

TRS even sells the relay harness so I don't understand why they don't recommend using it.

Now do our cars have the "Bulb out" warning light? I don't remember seeing it. Maybe they don't recommend the relay harness if you are using the Canbus harness, but that shouldn't matter either way.

I hope you get it resolved, I know it's frustrating when stuff like this happens.

2012 Starfire Pearl CT200h
    Base...but modding all the time
    12 volt is my life...
    MECP Master Certified
    ASE A6 Certified

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Vester72 View Post
    I found a diagram here, but I used the fuse box under the hood and it was very easy and eased my concerns as I'm in Chicago and was worried about the HIDs working in sub zero temps (I drive to work).

Here is the thread: https://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-engine-technical-discussion/118776-12v-terminal-fuse-box-2.html

T
    he red animation (looks like a small mushroom) - lift that cover off and attach the relay to that 12v connection there and the HIDs will fire perfectly.

You only need to connect the driver side light connection to the relay and the auto lights will work perfectly.

Relay I used: XS Blog - HID Wiring Harness Explained
    First let me say I appreciate the response. I've got another question though... Why do you only hook it up to the drivers side?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Either they sent you a bad ballast (always possible), it was really cold when you installed the ballast (since they seem to have issues in the cold), or the ballast isn't really the problem at all...I'm going with the third choice.
    Yeah, I have to agree... It's number 3. I have tested all the components and they are fully functional. I really just don't get what the problem is...

I'm going to just try ordering a relay harness and give it a stab that way. I don't see why they're against it, but I assume that they like that their kit is (usually) functional without going to the fuse box for juice, and they'd rather just steer us that way.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Since the relay draws power from the battery to power the HIDs and all it needs is the signal to turn the lights on from the car from the knob or auto on signal.

Does that make sense?

I found some videos on YouTube on how to install a relay and they explained it very well. Basically, the relay has it's own fuse built in and bypasses the power supply in the headlight plugs and draws right from the 12v battery. Ensures no misfires in winter too.

I was totally confused before I watched the install videos.

You would think they would want you to use a relay harness so there would be even less issues with their kits. Plus they sell you more product...which means they make more money.
    2012 Starfire Pearl CT200h
    Base...but modding all the time
    12 volt is my life...
    MECP Master Certified
    ASE A6 Certified

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)