General HID info - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: General HID info

nice thread... I love the result of doing the retrofit!! does anyone know somebody in central florida that would install it for me since I'm not good at all with electronic!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

It's not that difficult. We'll talk you through it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I'm a little frustrated with my Morimoto HID kit right now. Everything worked fine for a week or two, and now the passenger side won't turn on. I've tested all of the components from the passenger side on the working driver side and all of the pieces of the kit are functional.... Just not when attached to the passenger side. Any thoughts?

Like I said, everything worked fine for a while, and then abruptly stopped. Could this be a fuse issue?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I wonder if it is a fuse as I have the same issue. Passenger side doesn't work when plugged in directly. I never tried to fix as I upgraded to the HIDs and use a relay which gets it's auto signal from the drivers side plug.

I am curious about his though.

The easy fix is to use the relay and you only need the divers plug to get the signal from and it will work perfectly I'm auto mode with no flickering even is cold temps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vester72 View Post
    I wonder if it is a fuse as I have the same issue. Passenger side doesn't work when plugged in directly. I never tried to fix as I upgraded to the HIDs and use a relay which gets it's auto signal from the drivers side plug.

I am curious about his though.

The easy fix is to use the relay and you only need the divers plug to get the signal from and it will work perfectly I'm auto mode with no flickering even is cold temps.

I don't have the relay. I have the can bus setup

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by motionisgay View Post
    I'm a little frustrated with my Morimoto HID kit right now. Everything worked fine for a week or two, and now the passenger side won't turn on. I've tested all of the components from the passenger side on the working driver side and all of the pieces of the kit are functional.... Just not when attached to the passenger side. Any thoughts?

Like I said, everything worked fine for a while, and then abruptly stopped. Could this be a fuse issue?

If you haven't done so already...I suggest swapping bulbs. Put the driver's side bulb into the passenger side and vice versa. These bulbs are very sensitive to human finger/hand contact and will burn out in just a couple weeks if by chance they came into contact with some human DNA !

Quote Originally Posted by viper1 View Post
    If you haven't done so already...I suggest swapping bulbs. Put the driver's side bulb into the passenger side and vice versa. These bulbs are very sensitive to human finger/hand contact and will burn out in just a couple weeks if by chance they came into contact with some human DNA !
    I tried that.... No dice. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try anything.

Relay is only $15 and 10 minutes to install.

Quote Originally Posted by Vester72 View Post
    Relay is only $15 and 10 minutes to install.

If I can't figure it out I may just get the relay and try it. I just thought I'd pose the question and see if anyone had any other thoughts.

I'm still curious too as I had and still have the same issue.

Does anyone know if it's a fuse issue? I know for sure it's not a bulb issue on mine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)