F-Sport Lowering Springs/Sway Bars: Worth the Price?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: F-Sport Lowering Springs/Sway Bars: Worth the Price?

F-Sport Lowering Springs/Sway Bars: Worth the Price?

Was wanting to get these... but are they worth it? Can you find them for cheaper than Lexus' accessories site? Are there better options on the market?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Well, you can def beat the price if you look on eBay. I can't comment on them just yet as I have not installed them.... I'm on the fence still about making the leap, especially since the install isn't going to be cheap either.

I've wanted to do it, but am worried about making contact with speed bumps and those raised entrances to parking lots and driveways.

I'm sure someone who has them will follow up with some comments. Also, there have been a few folks selling them here in the classified section of the forums.

Good luck! I hope for your sake and mine there will be some honest feedback given.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I have both on my 2012 F Sport. I haven't had any problems with getting hung up on speed bumps or driveways. Just be aware of the fact that you are driving a lowered car and enter steep driveways at an angle.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Someone on here selling the springs and sway bars for 275, for both!!
    2012 CT200h (obs. black), leased brand new on 7/2/13, prem./nav. pkgs/remote start, debadged, Llumar "Formula 1" 35% tint, shark ant., rr brake light & "Lexus" emblems tinted, rr red reflectors [black vinyled], chrome top of grill [black vinyled], chrome door surrounds blacked out (plas. dip), Anthracite grey plasti dipped rims

Quote Originally Posted by blowabd View Post
    Someone on here selling the springs and sway bars for 275, for both!!
    pm'd the seller 3 times.
    0 response.

not even a courtesy msg to let you know whether or not they've been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by kl25 View Post
    pm'd the seller 3 times.
    0 response.

not even a courtesy msg to let you know whether or not they've been sold.
    I had the same experience with that user and gave up. Luckily I found a local seller who sold me a set of used F Sport springs and sway bars for a good price. Whether they are "worth it" will be different for every person, but for me they're definitely worth it. I hate wheel gap, and I don't like the slammed look, so these springs are perfect for me. They give a nice drop and I've never had any trouble with speed bumps or driveways. I do make sure to be careful around them, but I've never scraped. Also, the ride comfort is pretty close to stock, it's a tad harsher but not by much. I've had aftermarket springs on other cars that I've owned where I've felt every imperfection on the road, which I hated. As for the sways, they greatly reduce body roll during turning and winding roads. Before them, when exiting the highway at a fast speed it would feel like I would flip over, but with the sways, the car stays planted top the road. You obviously can't go crazy fast speeds in, but it allows you do go faster without worrying about flipping over.

Hope this helps.

are the fsport springs specific for the ct200, or are the for any model? in other words can i get fsport springs from ppl who are selling them for IS?

Quote Originally Posted by kl25 View Post
    are the fsport springs specific for the ct200, or are the for any model? in other words can i get fsport springs from ppl who are selling them for IS?
    Lol no you can't do that. They are specific to model. The suspension on the CT is not even remotely close to that of the IS.

Hey there! I have both lowering springs and sway bars on my f-sport se and love them! I think they are definitely worth it. I've had a stock ct as a loaner and can definitely tell the difference.

With the springs and sway bars, car is nice and low and just hugs curves very nicely. I'm always careful with speed bumps and driveways. I've scraped on the parking lot cement blocks twice but nothing major. I do have problems opening the passenger door on certain sidewalks. Just have to be careful with those. I love the look as it's a nice lower stance and it really makes a difference when making turns and hugging curves.

Good luck!!

2012 StarFire Pearl // F-Sport SE // Black NuLuxe interior with Ocean Blue Pearl Seats // 17" Dark Graphite Trident-5 Spoke Wheels // F-Sport Sway Bars and Lowering Springs

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now