Short stubby Antenna installed.
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Short stubby Antenna installed.

Short stubby Antenna installed.

Hi Guys,

after installing the short stubby antenna, I found that there's a gap between the antenna and the base. Does anyone have any suggestion on filling up that gap? Should I use an o-ring? Thanks.

Short stubby Antenna installed.-photo-2.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Seems like an O-ring would be the best option. I just looked at mine and on the base it is sloped up some, that sloping portion fits up inside the stock antenna. I assume the stubby replacement is more flat on the bottom and is hitting that sloped portion. Probably need an O-Ring that just sets outside those sloped up knobs on the base. A very thin O-Ring might work, it would be sticking out some, but might look okay.. sort of like a base for the stubby antenna. I don't see many other options that would look decent. Good luck..

Last edited by kalo925; 08-09-2012 at 06:03 PM.

2011 Pearl White CT, Basic, Non-Nav. :P
    RogersCT: YouTube Channel Videos
    - Tips and demonstrations for the CT

Quote Originally Posted by sonnaugeen View Post
    Hi Guys,

after installing the short stubby antenna, I found that there's a gap between the antenna and the base. Does anyone have any suggestion on filling up that gap? Should I use an o-ring? Thanks.

The better way is to file half the distance from the top of the threaded rod and then file the rest from the bottom until it meets and file about another 1/16" to have it seal properly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by seacliff View Post
    The better way is to file half the distance from the top of the threaded rod and then file the rest from the bottom until it meets and file about another 1/16" to have it seal properly.
    Pretty good idea if the threaded rod is the problem and is bottoming out, but as I mentioned from looking at the base, it's tapered and the antenna is concave. Most likely the problem is not the length of the rod, but the stubby antenna is not so concave as the stock one. The OP will have to check it out.

Since the gap is not so big, if it isn't the rod length problem, I suppose one could try to carefully use a Dremel or similar tool to remove some plastic material from the bottom of the Stubby antenna to make it more concave...

Need to find out which problem it is to understand it more..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Short stubby Antenna installed.-007.jpg  
    Last edited by kalo925; 08-10-2012 at 05:14 AM.

2011 Pearl White CT, Basic, Non-Nav. :P
    RogersCT: YouTube Channel Videos
    - Tips and demonstrations for the CT

Quote Originally Posted by kalo925 View Post
    Seems like an O-ring would be the best option. I just looked at mine and on the base it is sloped up some, that sloping portion fits up inside the stock antenna. I assume the stubby replacement is more flat on the bottom and is hitting that sloped portion. Probably need an O-Ring that just sets outside those sloped up knobs on the base. A very thin O-Ring might work, it would be sticking out some, but might look okay.. sort of like a base for the stubby antenna. I don't see many other options that would look decent. Good luck..
    +1

I'd just stick a rubber ring in there. Its the quickest and easiest solution

Quote Originally Posted by kalo925 View Post
    Thanks kalo925! I put an o-ring on. It's bit tiny wider than the base of the stubby antenna but work out pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnaugeen View Post
    Hi Guys,

Where did you bought it from? Link pls.. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by XprincoX View Post

Thanks!!

I bought the 3.5inch stubby antenna but none of the adapters work. It seems the adapters that fit into the antenna is the same as the hole in the car. The problem is that none of the adapters are identical on both ends. How did you get your antenna on?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)