Installed my roof rack - Thule AeroBlade - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

    Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Installed my roof rack - Thule AeroBlade

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    ok thanks. It just seems odd that on the thule website, i don't have an option with my 2o11


  2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by raysal View Post
    ok thanks. It just seems odd that on the thule website, i don't have an option with my 2o11
    I called and asked Thule about it, guy was very nice. He told me that he couldn't say if it would fit or not. Also told me my car may be a 2012 and that he doesn't think they make a 2011.

    Anyway, I decided to risk it and it worked out.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.com App


  4. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
    Mine is a 2011, as you can see it fits perfect.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.com App
    ok thanks. i just thought it was weird that i couldn't fit my car on there website due to year. what made you go with the fork bike attachment vs others? I'm new to the sport so any info would be great! thanks

  5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
    I called and asked Thule about it, guy was very nice. He told me that he couldn't say if it would fit or not. Also told me my car may be a 2012 and that he doesn't think they make a 2011.

    Anyway, I decided to risk it and it worked out.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.com App
    I'm looking at different racks... yakima, rhino rack, whispbar... but i really want a thule... i just feel like the craftsmanship would be better.

  7. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by raysal View Post
    ok thanks. i just thought it was weird that i couldn't fit my car on there website due to year. what made you go with the fork bike attachment vs others? I'm new to the sport so any info would be great! thanks
    I've always used fork mounts, just seem more secure to me and easier to use. On top of that, with these little cars, the less up there to catch cross winds the better.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.com App

  8. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by raysal View Post
    I'm looking at different racks... yakima, rhino rack, whispbar... but i really want a thule... i just feel like the craftsmanship would be better.
    Yakima and Thule are my favorites. Don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.com App

  9. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
    I've always used fork mounts, just seem more secure to me and easier to use. On top of that, with these little cars, the less up there to catch cross winds the better.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.com App
    thanks for the help!!

  10. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13
    Never used a rood rack for bikes before. Am considering some sort of setup (rack or hitch) for my wife's car that should be delivered in a couple of weeks. The idea of lifting a bike up onto the roof seems a bit unwieldy, is it simpler than I imagine?

  11. #19
    Member gsbutton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glendale WI
    Posts
    75
    You inspired me good sir. I am getting the AreoBlade with the Stand Up Paddleboard attachment for my CT!

  12. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    94
    How does the car perform with 1 or 2 bikes up there? I love the way it looks, but I had a bad experience with a roof rack the only time I owned one. I had a 4 cylinder Toyota pick-up with a fiberglass cab high shell. The first time I used it (with only 1 bike), I found the top speed was only 73MPH! The drag it created and with a limited power vehicle, it was not workable for me. It went right back to the store. So, what is your experience for performance and fuel economy? Thanks for your input, as I currently load the bike in the back of the CT and it is somewhat of a hassle.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Similar Threads

  1. Roof Rack with Pictures
    By soulsurf in forum Lexus CT200h General Discussion Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-02-2015, 04:04 PM
  2. Bike/Ski Rack
    By BostonGTR in forum Lexus CT200h General Discussion Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-04-2012, 07:30 PM
  3. Bike Rack
    By heyguy10 in forum Lexus CT200h General Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 03:16 PM
  4. Roof Rack Help
    By soulsurf in forum Lexus CT200h General Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 01:23 AM
  5. anyone know if factory will offer a roof rack?
    By jasyn in forum Lexus CT200h General Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 10:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2