I'm looking to go from NON HID to HID, Voids Warranty?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking to go from NON HID to HID, Voids Warranty?

Cool I'm looking to go from NON HID to HID, Voids Warranty?

I'm looking to go from NON HID to HID i made a silly mistake in not checking if my car was HID when purchasing it, I thought it was now standard... guess not! LOL can anyone please tell me if installing HIDs to my CT will void any warranties? if not will this work?

::UPDATE::

Before and after pictures of Installed DDM Slim 35W 5000K HIDs

Last edited by LxTxNx; 08-17-2011 at 01:39 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Headlight upgrade on CT is LED there is no OEM HID.
    Lots of posts regarding HID install.

If you are a warranty worrier freak you probably won't do any mods.

Do your research and you won't have a problem.

Premium Fire Agate Pearl / Caramel / Bamboo Dash Trim / Shark Fin Antenna / Illuminated Sills / F - Stainless Sport Pedals / Painted Calipers / HID Slim Ballast Kit - 55 watt 4500 k / White Fogs / LED Interior Lighting

http://audi4t.blogspot.com

Hid shouldn't void anything warranty wise for you.

I'd be careful buying cheap kits.You get what you pay for.

The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications

Xtreme Digital HID Kits

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

DDM HID Kit, 55W, H11, 5000K
    Bulb Type: H11
    Wattage: 55 Watt
    Bulb Color: 5000K

Is what I decided on, now to find someone that will install these for me.... I don't trust myself! Who can I go to? what kinda shop would do this for me? how much would they ask for from what I keep reading is quite simple install?

Thanks any input is truly appreciated.

I'm not sure our lens can handle the 55w? I've heard the Prius headlights deforming with the 55W.. Most choose the 35W

2011 Ct200h Premium - Starfire Pearl - HDD Navigation System -10-speaker Premium Sound System -(LED) headlamps -Illuminated door sills- Preferred accessory packages-Leather-Nano-ceramic tint- Nano clear on windshield - Clear Bra

Smile Great Choice

Quote Originally Posted by LxTxNx View Post
    DDM HID Kit, 55W, H11, 5000K
    Bulb Type: H11
    Wattage: 55 Watt
    Bulb Color: 5000K

Is what I decided on, now to find someone that will install these for me.... I don't trust myself! Who can I go to? what kinda shop would do this for me? how much would they ask for from what I keep reading is quite simple install?

Thanks any input is truly appreciated.
    The original bulbs are 55w halogen H11 (see page 664 of owners manual). The HID bulbs produce less heat so there will be no problem; also there is sufficient ambient space to dissipant any heat produced. The only place it is caution not to use 55W is if you replace the fog lights, even though orignal fog lights are 55w. Since the original bulbs are 55w, then the low beams 55W HID will not draw more current ( ran into a problem on a BMW once on headlight electrical, melting connectors).

The kit you are getting is the same one I plan to get. There is no wire cutting and most people say they can do it in 30 minutes. It is un-plug old then plug in the new; simple no-brainer. Just make sure you connected to violet to the red. You might want to get some industrial velcro and some wire ties to hold the ballasts and make the wires neat. There is a thread with some pictures on this forum.

Changing the lights should have no impact on the car warranty. Worst case you can put old bulbs back in before taking in if a problem shoul occur, which is very unlikely.

I am torn between 6000K (bluer) and the 5000K. Apparentyl 4500K with a little yellow matches the DRL LEDs.

Good Luck!

55 watts is 55 watts of energy (heat) regardless of the source. HID's been installed in my wife's car for a while now (55 watt) no problems. I went for white color temp looks good.
    Premium Fire Agate Pearl / Caramel / Bamboo Dash Trim / Shark Fin Antenna / Illuminated Sills / F - Stainless Sport Pedals / Painted Calipers / HID Slim Ballast Kit - 55 watt 4500 k / White Fogs / LED Interior Lighting

Post Actually -from an Engineering perspective

Quote Originally Posted by audi4t View Post
    55 watts is 55 watts of energy (heat) regardless of the source. HID's been installed in my wife's car for a while now (55 watt) no problems. I went for white color temp looks good.
    You are transforming one source of energy (volt-amps) to another form of energy(light). The conversion is not always 100% efficient and has a by product heat due to impedence.

55 watts (volts times amperes; assuming no inductive or capacitive phase shift) = light enery + heat energy

==============
    That aside, my dealer called an my car came in today an is being prepped.

Pick up tomorrow, Saturday, August 06, 2011 at 9:30 am

True - therefore 55 watt HID provides more light and less heat than 55 watt filament.

Conservation of energy cannot be violated.

Question HID 4500K or 5000K or 6000K

Audi4t - You chose 4500K lights. Is that the best match for the LED DLR lights ?

It looks to me like the 5000K are close to pure white and the 6000K have a nice hint of blue.

Could you please comment. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now