More categories under General Discussion?
  1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More categories under General Discussion?

More categories under General Discussion?

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to add more categories to the General Discussion area. It seems that "General Discussion" alone has 300% more threads than the other categories. I find it quite difficult to search for specifics with so many different topics overwhelming them. Sure, there is a search feature, but some times it's not all about searching specifics. Sometimes you want to look under a category and see what's up lately.

Some ideas...

Parts & Accessories Discussion... Intro to new items, Sources & Reviews

DIY and "How To's"... Members can share their hard work and experiences with others...how they installed or fixed parts, electronics, custom work, etc.

And much more, of course.

2011 Lexus CT200h, Fire Agate Pearl / Caramel Nuluxe

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Good thinking
    I think with the more people that join, there should be an expansion within the categories. Another I have suggested previously is adding area categories i.e. Europe, Asia & Australia, North America so that members can discuss area related issues such as ordering parts, and because there is differences in models sold in those areas.

| 2011 CT200h Obsidian | F-Sport Trident Wheels | LED Headlights | Navigation | Black Leather | Tint | Remote Start

Does the Owner or Administrators even read/participate in the forums?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

What suggestions do you have for sub topics?

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    What suggestions do you have for sub topics?
    A "How To" section that can be locked.

This would be a reference by topic for Forum members that details how to perform mods, installations etc..

Thanks
    Premium Fire Agate Pearl / Caramel / Bamboo Dash Trim / Shark Fin Antenna / Illuminated Sills / F - Stainless Sport Pedals / Painted Calipers / HID Slim Ballast Kit - 55 watt 4500 k / White Fogs / LED Interior Lighting

http://audi4t.blogspot.com

In my first post, I mentioned two that have to do with products/accessories and a DIY/How To. It'd be nice to have a "sticky thread" in the DIY that lists part and product numbers, schematics/diagrams, etc. Maybe with that there'd be no need for products/accessories sections; just review/discuss them under the DIY section.

So... "DIY work, mod's, How-To's, parts lists, schematics/diagrams, new products/accessories, reviews, ...share ideas"

I for one am very satisfied with the "Today's Posts" link on the left side of the page:

Site Navigation > Forum > Today's Posts.

It shows me all the threads from the various forums that have been updated since my last log-in and allows me to choose those I want to review. If any changes are made to this site, I hope to Administrator leaves that feature as it is as I'm a firm believer in the concept of "Don't Fix What Ain't Broke."
    Bill in Fremont, CA
    2011 CT200h Premium
    2009 Lexus ES350
    2006 Acura MDX
    2001 Honda Gold Wing

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now