Hello all - potential new CT owner
NEWS

1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello all - potential new CT owner

Hello all - potential new CT owner

Hello all,

I currently drive a Toyota solara that has seen me through a great deal, and as sad as I am to let it go, I am looking forward to potentially upgrading to the CT. Ideally, I would like to learn as much about the CT as I can before I pull the trigger on the purchase. I hope all the insightful information on these threads helps me out. I look forward to interacting with most of you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Feel free to ask us anything you want. Some of us have had a CT for many years (2011+), and I myself have driven mine QUITE a bit. I can comment on long-term usage and long drives, etc.

Welcome. I'm a long term CT owner too. As said please feel free to ask questions. There won't be many answers to technicalities as these cars don't go wrong and are bomb proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
    Welcome. I'm a long term CT owner too. As said please feel free to ask questions. There won't be many answers to technicalities as these cars don't go wrong and are bomb proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys and thank you for being so receptive to questions from newbies like myself. I did want to require about average maintenance costs and how long the car runs before it really requires consistent and dedicated maintenance? I feel like this is something veteran CT owners can really speak too because you have most likely experienced it at some point. Also are there any mods you might have taken advantage of over the years that you can suggest?

Oil changes: ~$70 (every 10k miles)
    Coolant: ~$100 for each I believe (100k miles for one, and 150k miles for the other, then 50k afterwards for each one)
    Transmission fluid (factory doesn't require changing but I do it anyway): ~$100
    Spark plugs: ~$30 + labor, which is usually listed as half an hour (my mechanic can do it in 10 minutes)
    Engine and Cabin air filters: Around ~$15 each (as needed really)

I haven't needed to do any extra maintenance on my car. I have never replaced the brake fluid (never opened the master cylinder as to not add moisture to the fluid) and have yet to run out of brake pads (currently sitting at 60% brakes front, 50% rear) because I try to use my regen brakes as much as I can first.

Keep in mind that my car spends most of its time set to 65 MPH on cruise control on the highway. I am currently at 289,000+ miles.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.