ct200h breaks down
NEWS

1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ct200h breaks down

ct200h breaks down

I purchased a used private party 2013 f sport ct200h 1 month ago. 34k miles on the clock. Test drove and inspected, no problems. Researched reliability (number 1 determining factor for purchase). With 36k miles on the odometer last week all the lights on my dashboard lit up, lost power steering and brakes. So the car is 4-5 months out of warranty period but well below the 50k mile mark. Come to find out it is a master brake cylinder and boost ecu short/ failure The whole assembly costs $2500 not including 5 hrs of labor. I contacted corporate through Lexus of Seattle and to see if they would subsidize the repair or help out in any form. They flat out denied any assistance. As you can imagine I am not pleased with my Lexus experience. Did not want to let this go unnoticed, just in case other owners started having similar problems so they would know what to expect.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear about this. Does this happen often? I am currenrlt looking to purchase a used CT and also have heard nothing but great things about their reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by donleedds View Post
    I purchased a used private party 2013 f sport ct200h 1 month ago. 34k miles on the clock. Test drove and inspected, no problems. Researched reliability (number 1 determining factor for purchase). With 36k miles on the odometer last week all the lights on my dashboard lit up, lost power steering and brakes. So the car is 4-5 months out of warranty period but well below the 50k mile mark. Come to find out it is a master brake cylinder and boost ecu short/ failure The whole assembly costs $2500 not including 5 hrs of labor. I contacted corporate through Lexus of Seattle and to see if they would subsidize the repair or help out in any form. They flat out denied any assistance. As you can imagine I am not pleased with my Lexus experience. Did not want to let this go unnoticed, just in case other owners started having similar problems so they would know what to expect.
    That totally sucks to hear. My '13 f sport is still going strong at 57k miles. I have a friend who is a lexus tech if you want someone to maybe do some work at a discounted rate. He always told me the CT is easily a quarter million mile car with mild maintenance. I'd have to ask if he'd be willing to look at it though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

It really sucks! Mine is a 2017 and i have a break problem, the actuator and abs must be replaced. $5000 CAN$. At least it is covered but thinking now to get the extended warranty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    From Quebec, Canada...
    2017 CT200h

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.