Squeaking brake noise when letting go of pedal
NEWS

1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Squeaking brake noise when letting go of pedal

Squeaking brake noise when letting go of pedal

For some reason, my CT200h (2011, has 140,000km) makes a squeaking/farting kind of sound around the brake pedal area whenever I let go of the brakes or come to a stop and slowly let go.

Does anyone know what the issue might be? There's not much of a degrade in performance that I can tell as I've been driving like this for about 4-6 months already. My mechanic friend said my pads and rotors are good, and he could potentially bleed the brakes however apparently it's a bit of a pain to do it on these cars.

Here's a video and sound...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Just from the video it almost seems like the pedal assembly itself is rubbing against something, as if it needs lubrication. Perhaps you press the pedal with force not only to the front, but to the side as well? Causing it to wear any plastic or rubber on the side to where it's metal on metal now? I'd take a look down there just to eliminate that possibility.

Does the sound sound like it's coming from the pedal itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidin View Post
    Just from the video it almost seems like the pedal assembly itself is rubbing against something, as if it needs lubrication. Perhaps you press the pedal with force not only to the front, but to the side as well? Causing it to wear any plastic or rubber on the side to where it's metal on metal now? I'd take a look down there just to eliminate that possibility.

Does the sound sound like it's coming from the pedal itself?
    I thought that as well, but the sound only occurs when the vehicle is moving and is being stopped. If I'm in park and press it, it won't make that noise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

That sounds like a vacuum/servo assistance problem. That isn't a rubbing sound and bleeding the brakes won't cure it. I have read somewhere of a brake booster problem on these and the Prius which is sadly quite expensive.
    Good luck sorting it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
    That sounds like a vacuum/servo assistance problem. That isn't a rubbing sound and bleeding the brakes won't cure it. I have read somewhere of a brake booster problem on these and the Prius which is sadly quite expensive.
    Good luck sorting it

Is this something I should be overly worried about? I don't really notice any decrease in performance but I've never ran into a problem like this before.

It will have an impact on braking performance as it will be lacking in servo assistance. I would get it leak tested first to see how bad it is.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.