Common issues
NEWS

1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Common issues

Common issues

I have been searching for any info online about what the common issues on the car were, but I cant seem to find any. I myself do not own a 200h but I am highly considering it. Any help would be great! TIA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I just wanted to post a quick reply on this to see If I could somehow get some more eyes on it. I am interested in some of the common problems more experience owners have faced with their CT's so I know what to expect when the time comes. Thanks

A few things you will notice on CTs:

1. In cold weather, sometimes the engine shakes hard when it starts, as if the mounts are solid. After a few seconds, the engine returns to normal and vibration is muted. This happens in virtually every car Lexus and Toyota put this engine in, and is common. I've heard of recalls and TSBs for it, but never heard of a solution that solves it completely.

2. The brakes will sometimes give a little when going over a bad enough bump in the road. The car feels like it just stopped braking momentarily. Gotta be careful with this. Keep in mind, this is quite rare. I've only found 2 places where my car will do this, and it lasts about 1 second or less.

These are the only 2 major issues I can think of. In terms of reliability, I have so far never had a problem other than having my low-tone horn slowly die (after 200k miles). Replaced it for around $70-$80 USD for the part. I'm at 288k miles now and yet to have a problem with good regular maintenance.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Raidin View Post
    A few things you will notice on CTs:

1. In cold weather, sometimes the engine shakes hard when it starts, as if the mounts are solid. After a few seconds, the engine returns to normal and vibration is muted. This happens in virtually every car Lexus and Toyota put this engine in, and is common. I've heard of recalls and TSBs for it, but never heard of a solution that solves it completely.

2. The brakes will sometimes give a little when going over a bad enough bump in the road. The car feels like it just stopped braking momentarily. Gotta be careful with this. Keep in mind, this is quite rare. I've only found 2 places where my car will do this, and it lasts about 1 second or less.

These are the only 2 major issues I can think of. In terms of reliability, I have so far never had a problem other than having my low-tone horn slowly die (after 200k miles). Replaced it for around $70-$80 USD for the part. I'm at 288k miles now and yet to have a problem with good regular maintenance.
    Solid! Thanks for the reply Raidin! I just saw this and it actually just answered a question I asked elsewhere. If the brake issue is a minor one, and rare at that, I hope it is something that I will never have to deal with. The engine noise however I can attest to because my Solara did the same thing (not sure if its the same type of engine) but it used to shake in cold weather and would eventually die down after a little while. One dealership tried to charge me to repair my engine but luckily I got a second opinion before spending any money with them

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.