Service cost
NEWS

1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Service cost

Service cost

Hi Folks in OZ I have just had my 30,000 service and it cost me $553 plus $89 for a wheel alignment at Sydney City Lexus, I just wonder if anyone has a comparison, am I being hard done by ??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus CT200H Forum
    Advertisements

What did it consist of? What fluids did they change?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

brake fluid $14 Lexus oil $65 labour cost $422

nothing else???
    That seems pretty high to me. I know many vehicles that have a 30,000 or 36,000 service the service cost is pretty high but they do more then just change your oil and brake fluid.
    2012 Starfire Pearl CT200h
    Base...but modding all the time
    12 volt is my life...
    MECP Master Certified
    ASE A6 Certified

Wow! Thats pretty high for just a oil change labor. The brake fluid is still ridiculously high as well.

That is why you need to ask first. Then see what a local mechanic will charge and keep your receipts. My wife had her GS350 done at a local mechanic for less than $100 labor, but I don't think it had everything that you did. Seems high, but that is why I only take warranty work to my Lexus dealer. I think lots of people are moving on from the dealer. I wonder if Lexus is the slightest bit sensitive to the fact that most people are annoyed at being nickel and dimed by their dealers. It would seem to me that it is in their best interest to have me hanging around the dealer for a couple of hours every few months to be dazzled by the new models rather than walking around an industrial area trying to keep my feet clean from grease and oil while my car is being serviced at a place I found on the click and clack website. I have been very pleased with the mechanics I found on there and my secretary used another one recently and was also pleased.

I buy my oil at WalMart and take it with me.

KKM
    A typical 30k service should also include air filter and cabin air filter change, general inspection like all the lights working properly and brake inspection. They should've had a detailed checklist included in the invoice. But these all things that are easily done if you are willing to learn and get your hands a little dirty. I'm not a mechanic by any means, I also have a 20 year old Volvo with 210k miles that I've maintained with DIY videos from youtube and on a website similar to this except for Volvo's. Ask questions here and folks will be very willing to help.

I have got a 30K mile service coming up soon and they told me it would be around $650
    2011Matador Red Mica CT Premium Black Nuluxe Interior with Custom Installed Sound, Navigation, Morimoto 55W 6000K HIDs, Xenon White 96-SMD LED fogs.

Race Red Focus ST, Smooth shifting 6-speed manual. Recaro black leather seats. 2 liter engine. Awesome power 252 Hp, 270 ft-lbs torque = 2,000-4,500 RPM. No turbo lag. Decent mileage, achieving 28 mpg overall rated 23/32. Interior space 23.8 cu ft cargo with all seats up. Audio, light years better than Premium CT. FUN FACTOR 10 out of 10.

Holy crap. I got a good deal when I bought my Lexus then. I bought it with 24K miles certified pre-owned, and the dealer did the 30K maintance for me before I took possession of it.

I don't have any idea how it could cost that much. Seems really, really high.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus CT200H Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.