5000 mile service
NEWS

1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5000 mile service

5000 mile service

Just had my 5000 mile sevice had reverse chime disabled and door handle issue was discussed and a new handle is on order over all was a good experience and best of all the cost was $0 as is the 10,000 mile service which includes a oil change
    Starfire Pearl
    Carmel Nulxe
    Premium
    2008 RX 350

2. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus CT200H Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by baxter57 View Post
    Just had my 5000 mile sevice had reverse chime disabled and door handle issue was discussed and a new handle is on order over all was a good experience and best of all the cost was $0 as is the 10,000 mile service which includes a oil change

how come your 10,000 mile is free..?

im thinking of taking my car to a toyota dealership since it's closer
    I wonder how much the 10,000 service cost.. anyone?

My 5K and 10K are free as well. Might want to ask them about it. Austin Texas dealer was quoting about $140 for the oil change (they were trying to sell prepaid maintenance).

in your owners warranty literature is states 5000 and 10000 mile service are complimentary this was also told to me at the dealer and i called lexus to verify
    Starfire Pearl
    Carmel Nulxe
    Premium
    2008 RX 350

I was told that only my 1st and 2nd service was free (California, Los Angeles here) I will check my owners manual

Well this is a little weird..
    In the manual it says 6 month/5000 miles & 12 months/10,000 miles are free
    so that is two free services.
    However, my dealership made me service at 1,000 miles
    Now my next service is at 5,000 miles
    I wonder if this means I have to pay at 10,000 miles...

anyone in the same situations?

if I got tricked into doing the 1k and wont be getting 10k for free I will be pissed. I remember going there and the guy did almost nothing to the car and I waited 1 hour and a half when the wait time was estimated to be less than 1 hour. It seems like the 10k service is the one where it is not a pure "inspection" and actually requires an oil change. Feels like a scam now.
    Last edited by Chik3nPoo; 09-01-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Chik3nPoo - My car upon delivery had a sticker on the upper windshield saying 1,000 for my next maintenance and when I asked them about that, they said it wasn't needed, it was more of a check up of I wanted them to look at anything or customize any of my settings. If they do plan on hosing you, you should be prepared to fight for that free oil change from them, as we all get that as part of the purchase.

Good luck!
    '11 CT 200h Premium: Smoky Granite Mica / Caramel Interior / Premium Sound / Remote Start / Autobahnd Clear Bra / Accessory Package / Piaa 2500K Plasma Ion Yellow Fogs / Slim HID Kit (35W @ 5000k) / Llumar Ceramic 40% Tint / Road Magnet Lowering Springs / LED Interior Lighting / Hardwired Passport 9500i / Debadged Rear Hatch / 18" TSW Nurburgring Rotary Forged Gunmetal Wheels w/ /225/40/18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tires / VG Sharkfin Antenna

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc13 View Post
    Chik3nPoo - My car upon delivery had a sticker on the upper windshield saying 1,000 for my next maintenance and when I asked them about that, they said it wasn't needed, it was more of a check up of I wanted them to look at anything or customize any of my settings. If they do plan on hosing you, you should be prepared to fight for that free oil change from them, as we all get that as part of the purchase.

Good luck!
    thanks for the reply! I will definitely fight for it when the time comes
    still about 8000 miles away from it
    i will email them and see what they say though

Sure thing. Please tell me you don't wait for your car service each time? I had my 5,000 done and got a loaner for the day and will get one at the 10K mark. Crazy you had to wait 1.5 hrs. for them!
    '11 CT 200h Premium: Smoky Granite Mica / Caramel Interior / Premium Sound / Remote Start / Autobahnd Clear Bra / Accessory Package / Piaa 2500K Plasma Ion Yellow Fogs / Slim HID Kit (35W @ 5000k) / Llumar Ceramic 40% Tint / Road Magnet Lowering Springs / LED Interior Lighting / Hardwired Passport 9500i / Debadged Rear Hatch / 18" TSW Nurburgring Rotary Forged Gunmetal Wheels w/ /225/40/18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tires / VG Sharkfin Antenna

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc13 View Post
    Sure thing. Please tell me you don't wait for your car service each time? I had my 5,000 done and got a loaner for the day and will get one at the 10K mark. Crazy you had to wait 1.5 hrs. for them!
    I figured it would take 30 mins tops but who knew!
    Plus im under 25 I didnt know if they would loan me a can lol..

Here's the thing. The first two scheduled services are included, which also includes ONE free oil change. The oil change isn't done until 10k, ergo, that scheduled maintenance is free.

The 1k is probably just a complimentary inspection.
    Matt

------------------------------------------------------
    2011 Lexus CT 200h - Starfire Pearl, premium trim
    2010 Lexus RX450h AWD - Obsidian

12. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus CT200H Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.