Lexus Park Assist
NEWS

1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lexus Park Assist

Lexus Park Assist

My CT200h is fitted with Park Assist.

On the front bar there are two sensors one on each corner but there aren't any sensors on either side of the license plate. From my experimenting, the absence of these two sensors prevents any warning if you get too close to say a wall or a car parked in front:

However, on the rear there are two sensors in the middle of the bar below the license plate in addition to the two sensors on either corner,

Any else notice this?

In my picture above I've circled the two corner sensors and the black boxes are where I would have thought there ought to be two more. I happen to notice on a GS Lexus which I presume has park assist and it has the two additional sensors on the front.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus CT200H Forum
    Advertisements

I'm not seeing a picture.

From what I have seen, the GS, LS, GX have the four on the front. The IS, ES, RX only has two. And don't recalled seeing any on HS. Maybe they only put the four on larger vehicles, that might explain it.
    | 2011 CT200h Obsidian | F-Sport Trident Wheels | LED Headlights | Navigation | Black Leather | Tint | Remote Start

Hi

Just got my CT in Australia and we too have only 2 on the front left and right. The 2 middle ones are like you've described - absent.

My experiences with the front marking sensors have been very disappointing. I have tried a few parallel parking scenarios and the sensors would not beep even when I am at a "too close to be comfrotable" distance to the car in front.

However, in the process of parallel parking when I am very close and parallel to a car next to me, then it would go off. This seems to indicate the sensors are pointing more to the side of the car rather than the front.

What are your experiences?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus CT200H Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.