Removing the "Warning" sticker from sun visors
NEWS

1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums Ė General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing the "Warning" sticker from sun visors

Removing the "Warning" sticker from sun visors

Hi!
    Has anyone attempted to remove the two yellow warning stickers from the sun visors? They look kinda "in there" with the placement...this isn't a case where we can take a blow dryer to it and remove it...is it?
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus CT200H Forum
    Advertisements

I'm interested in this as well. With my IS300, I was able to find some vinyl "Lexus" stickers that fit perfectly over those warning labels. I got those years ago and can't find any that would fit over the CT's warning stickers. I need to look again . . . haven't checked for a couple of months. There are tons message board posts around the net with instructions on how to get those off (as I'm sure you are aware), but I'm scared to mess with those things. Personally, I'd just look to cover them up.

Here's one DIY for the job from my beloved vwvortex: VWVortex.com - DIY guide, an easy one: Airbag decal removal from sunvisors

I tried this on a fabric sun visor before and ended up having to buy new ones. Hopefully, it will be easier on NuLuxe and Leather. It should be since there isn't any fabric for it to pull with it.

I'm hoping this isn't like a mattress tag where you can get arrested if you remove them

Quote Originally Posted by bondguy View Post
    I'm hoping this isn't like a mattress tag where you can get arrested if you remove them
    LOL!
    But yes, I'm hesistant on just removing it...I wouldn't want to damage the fabric...I guess a cover-up sticker could be alright too

Just looked at mine, I only have stickers on the passenger side (the Left) so if you only have stickers on the right you could order a right hand sun visor (Drivers Side) from over here.
    2011 CT200H, F-Sport, Flame Blue, Black Leather, NAV & all the other bits !

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid
    2007 Ford Falcon Wagon 4L Gas Guzzler

anyone have any luck removing these stickers? so ugly! i have stickers on both sides of the visors of the driver and passenger seats... that's 4 stickers

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpen View Post
    Hi!
    Has anyone attempted to remove the two yellow warning stickers from the sun visors? They look kinda "in there" with the placement...this isn't a case where we can take a blow dryer to it and remove it...is it?
    Thanks!
    I've read that they can be removed with solvents and such like but that scares me off. Ive got an F Sport with the black sun-visors and roof lining.
    I bought a small sheet of stick-on carbon fibre and cut pieces to just a fraction over-size for the sticker(s) and stuck them on. You can see them, of course, more so in some lights than others, but in any light they look fine to me (and I'm pretty fussy). I don't know if it means they look good, bad or indifferent but not one passenger has commented. I only did the ones you see when the visors are stowed up in place, but that's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by bondguy View Post
    Just have to read the complete tag.....

Unlawful to remove "except by the consumer"
    2012 Nebula Gray Premium with Audio / Leather / Nav / LED Headlights / F-Sport Grilles / LED interior / ScanGaugeII / Tint

12. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus CT200H Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.