Plug In CT200h In The Works for 2012
NEWS

1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plug In CT200h In The Works for 2012

Plug In CT200h In The Works for 2012

Looks like a plug-in version of the popoular CT200h will be available next year...that will be really cool...here's the link:

High-performace, plug-in hybrid Lexus CT 200h planned, compact Lexus SUV in the works - egmCarTech

2. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus CT200H Forum
    Advertisements

I figured it would be around the same time as the Prius plug-in. Makes sense to offer it for the CT too.

Uh oh... my husband may want that one instead. He entertained the Nissan Leaf of a bit. We have to request our $99 deposit back. ;-)
    DELIVERED 03/12/11: STARFIRE PEARL / BLK NULUXE / PREM AUDIO / 35% TINT / CLEAR BRA / WHITE INT LEDS / EXACT MATS / ILLUM SILL PLATES / GRAPHITE DASH TRIM
    REPLACED: 2008 INFINITI G37S COUPE/ 20" WHEELS/ TANABE SPRINGS (SOLD)

DELIVERED 03/31/11 HUBBY'S > SILVER / ECRU NULUXE / PREMIUM AUDIO (SOLD 2010 PRIUS IV) HIS & HERS CT'S!!

The range on the Prius hybrid is pretty limited. Nothing like the Leaf in terms of all-electric range.

I might wait for a plug-in.
    There will be few options next year so I hope they will come up with a completive price.
    On another subject, Russians are coming up with an interesting technology in their Yo-mobile, definitely more practical in winter time than GM Volt.

So this didn't happen at least as of yet. The prius plug in is so weak it doesn't come close to justifying the price. I don't get how a company like Tesla can make amazing cars that get 200 mile+ ranges on pure electric and the other automakers can't make a plug in hybrid that comes even near a fraction of that.

Toyota has a partnership with Tesla - throw some of the tesla motors and batteries in to a CT...

Funny...reading your post today to one of my older posts regarding fully electric or plug in hybrids and I happen to see this Tesla on the road today at the local mall...very cool looking...I'm thinking his plate is 444 MLG means that many miles on a full charge...the car looks like a Lotus Elise
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plug In CT200h In The Works for 2012-tesla1.jpg   Plug In CT200h In The Works for 2012-tesla2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bondguy View Post
    Funny...reading your post today to one of my older posts regarding fully electric or plug in hybrids and I happen to see this Tesla on the road today at the local mall...very cool looking...I'm thinking his plate is 444 MLG means that many miles on a full charge...the car looks like a Lotus Elise
    Maybe because it is a Lotus Elise and will continue to be one until they run out of the Lotus Elise bodies they bought from Lotus sometime this year.

the article is from 2010! anything more recent?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe166 View Post
    Maybe because it is a Lotus Elise and will continue to be one until they run out of the Lotus Elise bodies they bought from Lotus sometime this year.
    It's not a Lotus Elise. It uses the same technology for the chassis (extruded aluminium sections bonded and riveted together), but the dimensions are different. Especially the rear section, behind the passenger compartment, is longer to accommodate the battery pack. The body is completely different. Tesla did not buy bodies from Lotus - Lotus built complete gliders for Tesla, which were then fitted with drive unit and battery pack by Tesla. Only six percent of parts are shared between Lotus Elise and Tesla Roadster.

See also Wikipedia.
    Last edited by Termin8r; 02-06-2012 at 06:21 AM.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus CT200H Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.