Cold start knocking, vibration, rough idle.... - Page 4
NEWS

1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cold start knocking, vibration, rough idle....

Just to let you know. I've cleaned out my EGR valve and pipe from it and have twice used injector cleaner in the fuel. My car hasn't done it since this and we're having cold weather here in the U.K. But not as cold as you are having. It's a simple DIY process to clean these parts which I believe will cure it. In the U.K. We don't have these recalls for it. I hope this helps you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=stormchaser;1790978]Just to let you know. I've cleaned out my EGR valve and pipe from it and have twice used injector cleaner in the fuel. My car hasn't done it since this and we're having cold weather here in the U.K. But not as cold as you are having. It's a simple DIY process to clean these parts which I believe will cure it. In the U.K. We don't have these recalls for it. I hope this helps you.

Thanks for your answer!
    One Lexus dealer I've contacted also indicated they did this repair to multiple CTs and cleaning the injectors was the fix for 125$ CAD.
    It's winter here in Canada and I'm not cutrently equiped to do the repair, I will ask the closest Toyota dealer to clean both EGR and injectors since it wouldn't be covered under warranty (I guess?).
    I will keep you posted.

You're welcome.
    It'll be interesting to know your outcome on this. Good luck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CT200HForum.com
    Advertisements

I contacted the closest Toyota dealer to have my EGR valve and injectors cleaned; they told me they'd never perform that kind of work on a Prius. So I contacted another closer Lexus dealer, since they gave me a hint about injectors cleaning. They confirmed there's a new TSB L-TCI-3635 from Dec.5t 2016 to clean a valve to cool exhaust gas (I guess it's the EGR valve), reprogram ECU (I think)... 2,5h time and multiple gaskets, waiting for their estimate. They told me it's no covered by the powertrain warranty! I'm really upset right now, all the components they told sounded like engine component, I don't understand why it would not be covered by powertrain warranty!
    Last edited by Ddoobe; 02-06-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
    Just to let you know. I've cleaned out my EGR valve and pipe from it and have twice used injector cleaner in the fuel. My car hasn't done it since this and we're having cold weather here in the U.K. But not as cold as you are having. It's a simple DIY process to clean these parts which I believe will cure it. In the U.K. We don't have these recalls for it. I hope this helps you.

do you have the links to the youtube vids that you used to do this DIY process? can you share? that would greatly help out.

Cold start knocking, vibration, rough idle....

I don't have any links to videos. I knew what needed to be removed and cleaned. It's very simple to do. I do know that there are videos on YouTube but are for the Prius which is the same.

Last edited by stormchaser; 02-10-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Found this on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post

Hi. Which injector cleaner did you use?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I used Redex.

Use half bottle to a tank full of fuel. It's certainly made a difference to my engine. Much smoother now.
    For cleaning the EGR and Pipe I used this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.