First Service - 5000 miles - no oil change?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums – General discussion forum for Lexus CT200h

Welcome to Lexus CT200H Forums - a website dedicated to all things Lexus CT200h.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Lexus CT200H Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Service - 5000 miles - no oil change?

Question First Service - 5000 miles - no oil change?

The complementary first service comprises the following (see list below) - note there is no oil change at the 5000 mile mark.

Anyone plan on paying extra to get the oil change performed during this inspection?

Edit - Lexus CT200h Oil Change at 10,000 mile Intervals according to service schedule

With my BMW's (and Audi's I've owned in the past) I've always followed the manufacturers schedule and never done more than the suggested service. Because I drive a lot of highway miles my service intervals on the BMW's are usually around 15000 to 16000 miles.

This is our first Lexus (Toyota) are these motors as dependable as the german motors?

Complimentary First
    Scheduled Maintenance
    Service: Six Months or
    5,000 Miles

Lexus provides your first scheduled
    maintenance service at no charge.
    The service is performed at six
    months or 5,000 miles, whichever
    occurs first. To obtain this service,
    contact your Lexus dealership. Your
    complimentary service will include
    these items:
    • Inspect and adjust all fluid levels
    • Program Lexus Personalized
    Settings, if requested
    • Reset maintenance reminder
    light
    • Rotate tires
    • Visually inspect brake pads,
    calipers and rotors
    • Check installation of driver’s
    floor mat
    • Road-test vehicle
    Last edited by audi4t; 03-26-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Premium Fire Agate Pearl / Caramel / Bamboo Dash Trim / Shark Fin Antenna / Illuminated Sills / F - Stainless Sport Pedals / Painted Calipers / HID Slim Ballast Kit - 55 watt 4500 k / White Fogs / LED Interior Lighting

http://audi4t.blogspot.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus CT200H Forum
    Advertisements

In Canada, in my book, it says oil change every 8000km, so 5000 miles.
    A mistake somewhere?
    Owner of CT200H in Smoky Granite Mica

For hybrids, the oil change has been changed to 10k intervals. In my opinion, Japanese engines are much more reliable than German engines.

But, you can't beat German engines for sportiness.
    Matt

------------------------------------------------------
    2011 Lexus CT 200h - Starfire Pearl, premium trim
    2010 Lexus RX450h AWD - Obsidian

Your correct, the Service Interval is 5k for tire rotation and a few other scheduled items, however the oil is 10k intervals.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    In Canada, in my book, it says oil change every 8000km, so 5000 miles.
    A mistake somewhere?
    Well Canada is a net exporter of oil - so conservation less of an issue.

BTW - I lived in Calgary for a couple of years - great scenery - love Montreal too we get up their for long weekends occasionally only about 6 hr ride for me!

Getting back to oil intervals, I believe the impetus for extending the intervals came from Europe. The EEC told manufacturers they had to reduce the volume of engine fluids that had to be disposed of / recycled, Synthetic fluids made extending the life of engine oil much easier.
    BMW has no set mileage for oil change the computer calculates "remaining oil life" based on things like how you drive, ambient conditions etc..

It's normal for me to see 16,000 mile intervals between oil changes. But that is only about 6 months of driving for me.

Premium Fire Agate Pearl / Caramel / Bamboo Dash Trim / Shark Fin Antenna / Illuminated Sills / F - Stainless Sport Pedals / Painted Calipers / HID Slim Ballast Kit - 55 watt 4500 k / White Fogs / LED Interior Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by audi4t View Post
    Well Canada is a net exporter of oil - so conservation less of an issue.

BTW - I lived in Calgary for a couple of years - great scenery - love Montreal too we get up their for long weekends occasionally only about 6 hr ride for me!

Getting back to oil intervals, I believe the impetus for extending the intervals came from Europe. The EEC told manufacturers they had to reduce the volume of engine fluids that had to be disposed of / recycled, Synthetic fluids made extending the life of engine oil much easier.
    BMW has no set mileage for oil change the computer calculates "remaining oil life" based on things like how you drive, ambient conditions etc..

It's normal for me to see 16,000 mile intervals between oil changes. But that is only about 6 months of driving for me.

I don't know if I would go that long. I don't care how good the oil is, it still breaks down over time. I drive my 03 Cobra less than 2k miles a year, and it gets changed twice a year..

Canada service :

source : club lexus

Andy

The beauty of synthetic oil is that it doesn't break down under normal operation. If you get it up to normal operating temps and it gets filtered adequately it's going to be OK.

I agree low miles over an extended period is detrimental, but that's more of a moisture thing.

We have a lab test the oil on our fleet vehicles at work and occasionally I throw in a sample of the oil from one of my BMW's -passes QC every time.

Jiffy Lube etc. don't want you to think you can extend the oil change interval !

BTW - thanks for supporting the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by audi4t View Post
    Andy

The beauty of synthetic oil is that it doesn't break down under normal operation. If you get it up to normal operating temps and it gets filtered adequately it's going to be OK.

I agree low miles over an extended period is detrimental, but that's more of a moisture thing.

We have a lab test the oil on our fleet vehicles at work and occasionally I throw in a sample of the oil from one of my BMW's -passes QC every time.

Jiffy Lube etc. don't want you to think you can extend the oil change interval !

BTW - thanks for supporting the forum!
    I agree that Synthetic does not break down, and I guess I should have noted that in my last statement. However, to me personally, it is a cheap insurance policy vs buying a new engine.

And it is my pleasure to be on here and support the forum.

Inspect drive belts?

Electric steering
    Electric water pump
    thought it had an integrated generator?

A/C pump maybe?

Someone on here mentioned the CTh had no belts whatsover?!?
    Alex W.

Granite State Dyno and Tune
    Owner/Head Tuner

11 CTh (Starfire/Caramel/Nav/Sound/Link/Cam)
    94 Supra (850whp Weekend Warrior)
    72 Datsun 240Z (Resto-mod)

12. Remove Advertisements
    Lexus CT200H Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.